12 States Are Starting A Special Enrollment Period
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic (aka coronavirus), 12 states have worked with insurance companies and created special enrollment periods for the uninsured to find coverage.
Below are the special enrollment time periods for each state:
- California: March 20 to June 30, 2020 (Covered California)
- Colorado: March 20 to April 3, 2020 (Connect for Health Colorado)
- Connecticut: March 19 to April 2, 2020 (Access Health CT)
- District of Columbia: March 24 to June 15, 2020 (DC Health Link)
- Maryland: March 16 to April 15, 2020 (Maryland Health Connection)
- Massachusetts: March 11 to April 25, 2020 (Massachusetts Health Connector)
- Minnesota: March 23 to April 21, 2020 (MNSure)
- Nevada: March 17 to April 15, 2020 (Nevada Health Link)
- New York: March 17 to April 15, 2020 (New York State of Health)
- Rhode Island: March 17 to April 15, 2020 (HealthSource RI)
- Vermont: March 22 to April 17, 2020 (Vermont Health Connect)
- Washington: March 10 to April 8, 2020 (Washington Healthplanfinder)
And remember, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend that everyone wash their hands often and for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your face and close contact with others, stay home and wear a face mask if you’re feeling sick, and clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Read more about their tips here.