SEX EDUCATION COLLABORATIVE LAUNCHES WEBSITE WITH OPEN ACCESS TRAINING HUB
(Washington, D.C.) - As remote learning continues for much of the country, members of the Sex Education Collaborative (SEC) have created a new online training hub with a wide variety of professional development offerings for sex educators and school administrators at SexEducationCollaborative.org.
The SEC envisions a world in which all young people’s right to comprehensive, high-quality sex education is recognized and fulfilled. This vision can only be realized if educators have the knowledge, training, and support to effectively deliver sex education.
SexEducationCollaborative.org gathers trusted trainings and resources from national, regional and state-based sex education experts for access at work, at home or wherever educators and administrators need to work.
The SEC brings sex education experts together to develop streamlined resources for the field. In addition to this newest offering, members have jointly created the Professional Learning Standards for Sex Education released last year. Members of the SEC individually hold deep expertise on sex education and with ongoing social distancing, the SEC believes that sharing this knowledge is crucial to ensuring high-quality sex education for all young people.
“Today, I am proud to announce, along with our partners, the launch of the Sex Ed Collaborate website,” said Gillian Sealy, CEO, Power to Decide. “The website will serve as a resource where educators across the country can access comprehensive high-quality sex education materials, which young people need in order to live healthy lives. We hope access to these important resources will enable more young people to decide if, when and under what circumstances to become pregnant and have a child.”
Training opportunities and resources can be found at SexEducationCollaborative.org.
Facts About the Sex Education Collaborative:
- Comprised of 19 national, regional and state-based organizations with extensive experience training educators to deliver school-based sex education.
- Provides K–12 educators and administrators access to trusted sex education resources, training and technical assistance, aligned to the National Sex Education Standards.
- Members include local and national sex educators, curriculum designers, policy experts and organizers, ready to help you improve access to high-quality sex education in your community.
- Working toward comprehensive, high-quality sex education that is grounded in equity and social justice and is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, inclusive, medically accurate, sex positive and trauma-informed.
The SEC is comprised of the following organizations:
- Advocates for Youth
- ETR Associates
- Fact Forward
- Healthy Teen Network
- Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Power & Potential (GCAPP)
- Institute of Women and Ethnic Studies (IWES)
- Michigan Organization on Adolescent Sexual Health (MOASH)
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA)
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands (PPGNHI)
- Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts (PPLM)
- Power to Decide
- SHIFT NC
- SIECUS: Sex Ed for Social Change
- The Responsible Sex Education Institute of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
- Teen Health MS
- WV Free
Power to Decide is a private, non-partisan, non-profit organization that works to ensure all people—no matter who they are, where they live or what their economic status might be—have the power to decide if, when and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child. Please visit us at www.PowerToDecide.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.