One Key Question Certification Training
Sponsored by Power to Decide
One Key Question® Certification Training
One Key Question is a transformative tool that starts the conversation about if, when, and under what circumstances a patient wants to get pregnant and have a child.
This interactive training teaches clinical and non-clinical providers how to offer this pregnancy desire screening tool at their site, and how to provide follow-up counseling and care based on the patient’s response - whether that is for birth control, preconception health care, prenatal care, or other services.
This training takes approximately 4-6 hours to complete and includes videos, reflections, knowledge checks, and modules on unconscious bias in family planning care, reproductive well-being, and implementation.
By the end of this training, participants are able to:
- Explain the rationale for using One Key Question in their practice.
- Articulate how One Key Question supports people in achieving reproductive well-being.
- List strategies to identify and address unconscious bias and promote reproductive autonomy at the individual level.
- Demonstrate how to ask One Key Question and follow the 4-response Pathways to Care with fidelity.
- Identify resources and tools on contraception and pre/interconception care.
- Describe key components of One Key Question implementation workflow.
Continuing Education Credits
Providers can purchase and obtain continuing education credits upon completion of this training. This course is approved for 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, 6 CPH credits, and is designated for CHES and/or MCHES to receive up to total 6 category I contact hours in health education.