Power to Decide has designed and implemented proven and innovative digital solutions for many different audiences including the most comprehensive and effective digital solution proven to reduce teen and unplanned pregnancy.
Power to Decide has been recognized with dozens of prestigious awards for digital innovation. We can help customize a digital solution for your audiences. We can help with:
- Original content or curate and customize the hundreds of pages of unbiased and constantly updated content about methods of birth control, first person stories and videos, FAWs, animated cartoons, extended features, and news segments (available in English and Spanish)—already in our library and all of which can be white labeled.
- Database and tools development that meet your practice needs – such as digital sexual health questionnaires and decision tools, localized service provider finders, and other interactive tools.
- Mobile apps or other systems. We can build and customize tools – or work with you to adapt our existing tools for birth control push reminders and appointment reminders.
Bedsider.org is an online birth control resource designed to help reduce the proportion of unplanned pregnancies in the United States among people age 18–29. The goals of Bedsider are to help folks find the method of birth control that’s right for them, to learn how to use birth control consistently and effectively, and to gradually encourage everyone to consider using more effective forms of birth control over time.
Bedsider is designed to be a tool to help people learn about birth control options, better manage birth control, and in the process avoid getting pregnant until they are ready. The centerpiece of the Bedsider program is information about birth control methods as well as online tools on where to get birth control. This site allows users to explore and compare all available methods of contraception, set up birth control or appointment reminders, view videos of their peers discussing personal experiences with various methods of contraception, and be entertained and informed by humorous animated shorts that debunk myths about birth control. This site also provides a comprehensive list of locations to get birth control. Visitors to Bedsider.org can type in their zip code to find the closest clinic or place to get contraception over the counter
A 2014 study showed that Bedsider works. Bedsider is the first digital intervention in reproductive health in the US—with adults as an audience—that has shown to prevent unplanned pregnancy.
Among women age 18 to 29 who participated in the yearlong randomized controlled trial:
- Women in the Bedsider group were 1.51 times less likely to have a pregnancy scare than those in the control group.
- Women in the Bedsider group were 2.54 times less likely to have unprotected sex.
- Women in the Bedsider group were 3.79 times less likely to report an unplanned pregnancy.
- Women in the Bedsider group were also more likely to use a more effective method of contraception.
The full report, which was published in Social Marketing Quarterly, can be downloaded at your convenience.
Power to Decide has the largest library of content for birth control and sexual health anywhere.
Power to Decide has been recognized with dozens of prestigious awards for its innovative and audience-centered content. We have “off the shelf” content that includes:
- Hundreds of pages of unbiased and constantly updated content about methods of birth control, first person stories and videos, FAWs, animated cartoons, extended features, and news segments (available in English and Spanish)—all of which can be white labeled.
- An extensive photo and video library of diverse and compelling young people living well, as well as of all contraceptive methods.
- Amazingly fun and colorful collateral for health and social service providers on sexual health and contraception—all of which can be customized for your brand.
- We have the most comprehensive database in the US that allows users to find a local provider or health center, search for birth control that can be delivered, or locate emergency contraception—all of which can be localized.
- We can use our deep experience to develop original content—whether it be written, video or photographic—to meet your needs.
Google Knowledge Panels
Google “IUD,” “birth control,” or “pulling out”—some of the most common queries about health—and you’ll find something new and really exciting. In the summer of 2016, in partnership with Power to Decide, Google launched a series of Knowledge Panels (KPs) for all FDA approved methods of contraception, and related terms, which include links to a section on the Power to Decide website which presents the full range of methods. So now, when you do a search, you’ll get overview information, names of common brands, and information on how it works—including points on side effects, effectiveness, and availability.
The Knowledge Panels are the result of Power to Decide's content services where we serve information—in this case articles and images—from our databases to other digital destinations.