#ThxBirthControl: It’s Time to Activate
It allows us to plan for a family on our own terms. More than 99% of women 15-44 who have ever had sexual intercourse have used at least one kind of it. What are we talking about? Birth control! And by talking about it, we hope to remove the controversy and simply acknowledge how much it makes possible for individuals, couples, and families everywhere.
It's nearly our favorite day of the year. A day dedicated to showing the world why birth control matters. A day where we shout, “Thanks, birth control!” Check out our top five ways to get involved and share your own birth control love.
5 Ways to Get Involved This #ThxBirthControl day!
Make a #ThxBirthControl fashion statement by grabbing a t-shirt or hat and post a selfie while wearing it. If you already own something from our shop, wear and share a selfie.
2. Share on Social
Join the conversation by using the hashtag #ThxBirthControl on social media. We've created a number of gifs to make social sharing super easy for you. Join us at 2pm ET on November 13, on Twitter where we’re hosting a Twitter chat with Refinery29. @Refinery29 will lead the conversation. You can join in by responding to their questions however you’d like, including text, images, links to articles, etc. and tagging the responses with #ThxBirthControl.
You can also share one (or all) of these messages on your social accounts to encourage your followers to get on board with #ThxBirthControl Day.
- Why say #ThxBirthControl? Because it gives you freedom and a future full of possibility. Get inspired: powertodecide.org/thxbirthcontrol
- Do good. Inspire others. Tweet #ThxBirthControl and tell us why you appreciate your method. bdsdr.me/TBC2018
- Think of what birth control makes possible. (Go on. We’ll wait.) Now tweet about it and use #ThxBirthControl powertodecide.org/thxbirthcontrol
- Once a year we join @Bedsider to say #ThxBirthControl. Learn more and join us today: bdsdr.me/TBC2018
- Birth control is life changing, right? You know it. Show your appreciation: powertodecide.org/thxbirthcontrol #ThxBirthControl
- Today’s good deed: Talking about how important/awesome birth control is. Join us and @Bedsider: bdsdr.me/TBC2018 #ThxBirthControl
3. Make a tax-deductible donation to show your support for #ThxBirthControl
Your donation allows our organization to continue our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to become pregnant and have a child. Together, we are expanding opportunities for this generation and the next.
4. Submit your #ThxBirthControl video
We’re asking teens, young adults, and their champions to submit their very own FlipGrid videos about what birth control means to them, whether they’re using it now or plan to in the future! We want to hear from you, share your video with us today!
5. Talk about it
Whatever you do, talk people! We know how much you love birth control. And telling the world about why it matters is more important than ever. You can even share your birth control story with us. Your voice—along with your passion and participation—will help make this Thanks, Birth Control Day our best yet. It won’t be the same without you.