WHAT IS A HOW MIGHT WE QUESTION?
How Might We questions are both the arc and the underpinning of human-centered design. Framed in a very intentional way using "How might we..." language, these questions reflect the importance of working as a team, engage creativity, and guide the design of the many different possible solutions to any challenge. For example, there are many ways to use technology to improve reproductive well-being. These strategies can focus on specific populations, such as teens, as end users or on people who interact with and influence those populations, such as providers who serve youth. Here are some examples of How Might We questions:
- How might we increase access to sexual health education for underserved populations?
- How might we use big data to provide actionable insights around reproductive well-being?
- How might we make it easier for people in entertainment media, such as YouTubers, to address issues related to sexual and reproductive health?
- How might we work with marketing technologies to get the right message to the right person at the right time—especially underserved audiences?
- How might we involve educational organizations, such as libraries and museums, in improving reproductive well-being?
- How might we use technology to expand and re-think health care settings and improve customer experience?
- How might we involve pharmacists as frontline caregivers in increasing access to information and methods of birth control?
- How might we increase idea-sharing and collaboration among professionals working to improve reproductive well-being?
- How might we help people who qualify for free birth control understand that they do qualify, and how to act on it?
- How might we increase access to information about healthy relationships and birth control for teens in non-traditional settings?
- How might we use technology to enhance physical environments (health care locations, libraries, homes, work, etc.) so that they are supportive of reproductive well-being?
- How might we use technology to create networks (of people) that support decision-making that, in turn, supports reproductive well-being?
- How might we increase people’s confidence and sense of self and increase their ability to perform the tasks related to better reproductive health?
Do you have a How Might We question in mind that you would like to design for? Contact us today to learn more about how we can support your work!