Carry On Having Inclusive Conversations
Throughout the month, we’ve celebrated the special relationship parents and champions and the young people in their lives. We encouraged everyone to seek out and engage in purposefully inclusive conversations about sex, love, relationships, and beyond.
Over the course of May, we talked about…
- Different prompts to start a conversation and tips to keep it going.
- Why threats to abortion access make talking more important now than ever.
- The role that young people can play in talking to those close in age about sex, love, and relationships.
- How to talk to young people about reproductive legislation across the country.
- How to learn about inclusive language and find resources to talk in an inclusive way.
- How to ask young people questions and listen to them actively.
- Surprising places to talk about sex.
- How to hear unasked questions young people may have about sex, love, or relationships.
- How to talk about abortion with kids of all ages.
- The role of AAPI parents and champions in starting conversations with their young people.
- How to have inclusive conversations in the exam room.
Although May and Talking Is Power are ending, don’t stop having powerful conversations with those around you. Even as young people grow and mature their need to have a trusted champion they can turn to will never go away. So, start early and talk often because you are more powerful than you think.